TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We look forward to welcoming you to Wringford Cottages. Please read our terms and conditions of hire. Your agreement of the following terms and conditions is required before we can confirm your booking.
Please phone or e-mail if you have any questions.
The contract for hire of your holiday rental cottage is between Wringford Cottages Ltd (us or we) and the person making the booking ie the Hirer (you or your). You must be over the age of 18 and authorised to accept these terms and conditions by all persons named on your booking form. Bookings are non transferable - if you are not one of the guests, all guest names must be stated on the booking form. We cater primarily for family and couple holidays therefore parties are not generally permitted.
The contract of hire is not effective until we dispatch to you written confirmation of your booking.
1. Telephone or e-mail bookings are provisional until we have received your cleared deposit/full payment plus booking form. When booking via e-mail you will receive an initial summary of your booking, this does not form a contract between us. Once payment is cleared, you will receive email receipt of your payment and confirmation of your booking. Provisional bookings are held for 7 days.
2. A deposit of 20% of the total amount due is payable to secure your booking. The balance is payable 28 days before the start of your holiday (we will endeavour to e-mail a reminder when the balance becomes due). Bookings made within 28 days of arrival must be paid in full.
3. It is your responsibility to ensure you have received a written booking confirmation. Please contact us if you think something is wrong.
4. Once we have issued confirmation of booking you are responsible for paying the full rental fee. We reserve the right to cancel a holiday where full payment has not been received 28 days before arrival date.
5. If for any reason we are unable to proceed from a provisional to a confirmed booking we will refund any monies paid by you.
6. VAT of 20% is included in our prices which are subject to change if VAT rates change.
7. We request payments are made via BACS - our bank details will be sent once we have received your provisional booking. We also accept credit and debit card payments – a link will be sent on receipt of your provisional booking.
1. If you have to cancel, please advise us immediately by phone and confirm in writing.
2. If the cancellation is more than 28 days before the commencement of your holiday, you will receive a full refund of your deposit if you do not wish to move your booking to a different date.
3. If you cancel between 14 and 28 days prior to your arrival, we retain your deposit and will do our best to re-book your stay on an alternative date. If this is not possible we retain the right to keep your deposit.
4. If you cancel less than 24 days of the date of your arrival, you remain responsible for paying the full rental fee. We will endeavour to re-book your stay on a different date or re-let the cottage and if successful will refund the final letting price paid (less any costs incurred).
5. If the booking date is moved to a mutually agreed date, any difference in cost will be charged if the dates fall in a higher price band, or refunded if the dates fall within a lower price band.
6. We recommend you take out your own holiday cancellation insurance.
7. In the unlikely event that we are forced to cancel your holiday due to circumstances beyond our control, we will notify you immediately and refund all monies paid to us. In the unlikely event that we are forced to terminate your holiday once started due to circumstances beyond our control, we will refund an appropriate proportion of monies paid to us. No further liability will be accepted.
1. The cottage is available from 4pm on arrival date (we ask that you arrive no later than 8pm) and must be vacated by 10am on departure day to allow us to clean and carry out essential maintenance. Please ask if you have specific requirements which we will endeavour to accommodate (please be aware that this may not be possible during busy periods).
2. You are responsible for the cottage and amenities during your holiday and you are expected to take reasonable care of fixtures, fittings and furnishing.
3. We will require a deposit of £125 to cover the cost of any damage to the property or its contents and additional cleaning where there has been no effort to leave the property in a clean and tidy state on departure.
4. Please remove all food and place rubbish in the large bin by the duck pond. Dishes and cooking equipment should be washed up and put away clean and dry. Please place any furniture that has been moved back to its original position.
5. If you find anything damaged on arrival, please inform us. Any damage or breakages during your stay must be notified and paid for. We do not normally charge for minor accidental damage but we do need to know straight away so that we can repair or replace damaged items for you and future guests. We reserve the right to make a charge for repair or replacement and for the cost of extra cleaning should this prove necessary.
6. Use of the accommodation and amenities at Wringford Cottages is unsupervised and entirely at the user’s risk. We accept no liability for any accident or injury to any guest or visitor. We accept no liability for any loss or damage to guests’ or visitors’ belongings or vehicles.
7. When using the swimming pool, you must ensure that children under 16 are supervised by an adult at all times and to ensure that the outer door is closed when vacating the facility. You must not open or close the windows yourself and should contact a member of staff if any adjustment is needed.
8. Supervision of children, babies, dogs and any adults requiring care remains your responsibility at all times while on our site.
9. We have a no smoking policy inside the cottages and all other enclosed spaces. Please ensure all guests are aware of this condition before booking.
10. In order to safeguard the comfort and security of all guests staying at Wringford Cottages only the guests listed on your booking form can occupy your cottage. Additional guests cannot be added to a booking once the booking is confirmed. The use of our grounds and amenities is only for the guests listed on your booking form unless agreed in advance with us – we reserve the right to ask any unauthorised person to leave immediately.
11. Please be mindful of other guests staying on site at all times and respect their peace and privacy. We have a zero tolerance of anti-social behaviour and any illegal substances. If in our opinion any person behaves in an unreasonable way or becomes a nuisance to other guests, the contract null and void and we may ask you to leave the presses immediately with no refund.
12. At Wringford Cottages we welcome well-behaved dogs by arrangement and remain the responsibility of their owners at all times. Please be aware that dogs are not allowed on the beds chairs or sofas and you are responsible for any damage they may cause - please tell us of straight away if there is any damage, failure to do so may result in legal action. Please clear up any dog mess in the grounds and surrounding areas and place it in the large bin by the duck pond. Please note that dogs must not be left unattended in your cottage when you leave the site. They may be left in a suitable crate when using the on site amenities.
Complaints and Concerns
1. If on arrival you are not entirely satisfied with your cottage or issues arise during your holiday please inform us immediately so that we can help remedy the situation. No discussion can be entered into after the end of your holiday.
2. All reasonable efforts have been made to ensure that descriptions given to you in relation to a particular cottage are accurate. You acknowledge that minor differences may arise between photographs, descriptions and illustrations and the actual cottage.
A binding contract exists when your booking is confirmed by us and your deposit has been received and acknowledged. The contract is governed by English Law and interpretation. It is mutually understood and agreed that the contract is made with Wringford Cottages Ltd and that any dispute, claim or any other matter that arises out of this contract shall be conducted in the County Court nearest to the owners.
We are required by law to keep record of all our guests over the age of 16. We securely retain basic details about our customers including name, contact details, sale details and nationality (including passport number and place of issue for non British, Irish or commonwealth guests) for 12 months. If you provide us with your card details they will be securely held and destroyed on departure. We reserve the right to take any balance due in the event of failure to arrive, departure without payment or to the cover the cost of and damage or extra cleaning over and above what would normally be expected.
Wringford Cottages Ltd
VAT number 385 0715 85